Lats for Competitors VOL 1(23/10/2018)
Lats for Competitors Volume 1
You asked for it, you got it! As a competitor, your training needs differ from the average gym trainee:
1. You need a more detailed training split, in order to provide sufficient training volume to the trained muscles, in order to maximize the hypertrophic response.
2. You’ve been training consistently and with a high degree of dedication, requiring you to use more advanced training techniques than the average person in the gym.
3. As an advanced lifter, you can tolerate producing high volumes of work with minimal rest periods. In other words, you LOVE the burn and don’t stop performing reps when you feel the fire in your working muscles.
4. Competitors eat, supplement and maximize their recovery, meaning they can tolerate a higher frequency of training than the average person.
The Competitor series provides the stimulus required for maximum muscle growth:
1. Muscle fiber recruitment and fatigue: muscle fibers can only grow if they are fatigued. Greater fatigue means more muscles. Less fatigue means less muscles.
2. High Frequency: greater and more frequent protein synthesis.
3. Growth Factor Accumulation: increase lactic acid in a muscle while depriving it of oxygen and your body release a great volume of hormones required for maximal hypertrophy.
Your back muscles are a unique muscle to train, as they require not only width and thickness, but the two must be balanced for overall symmetry. This requires a smart training strategy for proper overall development.
By utilizing a high training frequency, you’ll ensure maximal results between the larger and smaller muscle groups.
Be prepared to train your lats multiple times per week!