Shoulders for Competitors VOL 1(23/10/2018)
Shoulders for Competitors Volume 1
You asked for it, you got it! As a competitor, your training needs differ from the average gym trainee:
1. You need a more detailed training split, in order to provide sufficient training volume to the trained muscles, in order to maximize the hypertrophic response.
2. You’ve been training consistently and with a high degree of dedication, requiring you to use more advanced training techniques than the average person in the gym.
3. As an advanced lifter, you can tolerate producing high volumes of work with minimal rest periods. In other words, you LOVE the burn and don’t stop performing reps when you feel the fire in your working muscles.
4. Competitors eat, supplement and maximize their recovery, meaning they can tolerate a higher frequency of training than the average person.
The Competitor series provides the stimulus required for maximum muscle growth:
1. Muscle fiber recruitment and fatigue: muscle fibers can only grow if they are fatigued. Greater fatigue means more muscles. Less fatigue means less muscles.
2. High Frequency: greater and more frequent protein synthesis.
3. Growth Factor Accumulation: increase lactic acid in a muscle while depriving it of oxygen and your body release a great volume of hormones required for maximal hypertrophy.
One of the most stubborn and challenging muscles groups to train, the shoulders require a greater selection of exercises for optimal growth.
Due to the multiple heads of the deltoids, numerous hand and body positions must be utilized to maximally recruit and fatigue their muscle fibers. Being the most mobile joint in the body, requires the shoulders to be attacked form a variety of angles and positions.
Additionally, by using a variety of training implements, you’ll ensure proper training and optimal results.